Damaged rubber

Table Tennis Equipment

Last updated 5 years ago

Roger Adams

Roger Adams Asked 8 years ago

Hi Alois,

I went for a short ball a little too eagerly and scraped my bat on the side of the table. This has split the rubber in a couple of places. It's a brand new Yasaka Extend rubber and cost me a lot of money. Am I going to have to bite the bullet and replace it or can I re-glue the split areas? The damage is on the forehand side, fairly close to the edge and fortunately not in a place that would normally have a great deal of ball contact. If you think it's worth a go I would be grateful if you could advise where I can get the special TT water based glue.

Best Regards,


Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario Answered 8 years ago

Hi Roger,


If you are not playing major tournaments then don't worry about replacing the rubber especially if it is not in a hitting area.

If you want to reglue it you can get the water based glue from a lot of the table tennis shops online or if you go to a club they often have someone that sells glue.  If you can't find it let me know.

Notify me of updates
Add to Favourites
Back to Questions

Thoughts on this question

Roger Adams

Roger Adams Posted 8 years ago

Hi Alois,

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try and glue the rubber where it has lifted slightly and leave the rest. Hopefully it won't spread. I'll check the glue out online.



Noah Clayborne

Noah Clayborne Posted 5 years ago

Same thing happened to me, I was trying to do a forehand chop and the edge of my rubber hit the edge of the table and lifted part of the rubber up but not in my hitting area. Will it spread Alois?

Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario from PingSkills Posted 5 years ago

It can spread and keep sipping away but if you can glue it down or put edge tape on it then it should be OK for a while longer.  Hopefully till the rubber wears out and it is time to change.

Become a free member to post a comment about this question.