Ma Long rubber

Table Tennis Equipment

Last updated 10 years ago

Machan Buenafe

Machan Buenafe Asked 11 years ago

Can you please tell me what exactly are his rubbers and what kind of sponge it has (hard, soft)

Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario Answered 11 years ago

Hi Machan,

I think he uses Hurricane.  They get their rubber specially manufactured individually for them as fas as hardness. 

Notify me of updates
Add to Favourites
Back to Questions

Thoughts on this question

Jason Smith

Jason Smith Posted 11 years ago

He's using DHS Hurricane 3 blue sponge in probably around 42 degree hardness which is a little stiffer than the usual Hurricane 38-39 degree sponge made for normal humans. On the backhand he uses Tenergy 64. His blade is the Timo Boll ALC

Thomas McCann

Thomas McCann Posted 11 years ago

How do you know Jason???

Jason Smith

Jason Smith Posted 11 years ago

There's lots of close up pictures of his bat and rubbers on the interwebs, neither the Hurricane or Tenergy are the normal ones you can buy, they are both harder because of the plasticising oils they use to soften them and unbond the links in the rubber.

Judah Cagas

Judah Cagas Posted 10 years ago

ma long uses HUrricane 3 neo for his forehand and tenergy 64 for his back hand think he uses the set for a big part of 2010 and a half of 2011 according to wikipedia.note he is now currently using skyline 3 national version and tenergy 5.

Cloud Cledera

Cloud Cledera Posted 10 years ago

He's using by now, a DHS Skyline 3 National Version for his black side (with blue sponge) and a Butterfly Tenergy 05 fx for the red =)

dylan carson

dylan carson Posted 10 years ago

ma long uses the timo boll spirit as aposed to the timo boll  alc

Become a free member to post a comment about this question.