Penhold grip

Table Tennis Equipment

Last updated 10 years ago

Maxwell Pond

Maxwell Pond Asked 10 years ago

Hello Alois,

I'm using the penhold grip and am wondering if there are any good bats specifically designed for that style? Also, why are there two different coloured sides of the bat? 

Thanks in advance,


Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario Answered 10 years ago

Hi Maxwell,

There are specific penhold bats.  Some have a shorter handle which are normally referred to as the chinese penhold bats.  Others have a rectangular handle which is built up on one side.

Many of the table tennis manufacturers have these available.

The rubbers need to be one red and one black so that you can tell which side of the bat your opponent is using. This is important if your opponent is using different types of rubber.  In the past players could use the same colour and they would have a fast rubber on one side and a long pimple or anti spin rubber on the other.  They would change sides and really confuse the opposition.

Notify me of updates
Add to Favourites
Back to Questions

Thoughts on this question

Maxwell Pond

Maxwell Pond Posted 10 years ago

Thank you !

Also, I am curious as to if the "PingSkills Rook" has two different rubbers on each side? If so, what are they. And, when is it coming back in stock, if it is.

Thanks again !


Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario from PingSkills Posted 10 years ago

The Rook has the same rubber on both sides.  It is a great all round rubber that is ideal for this blade.

It should be in stock in a month or so.  We were caught out with a large order from a customer.  Sorry. 

Maxwell Pond

Maxwell Pond Posted 10 years ago

Alright that's no problem, thank you Alois :)

Become a free member to post a comment about this question.