What blade and FH rubber

Table Tennis Equipment

Last updated 5 years ago

Maurice Mijnders

Maurice Mijnders Asked 5 years ago

Hello. I am really wondering what kind of blade I should take as a modern defender. I thought of the grass d.tecs long pips on my bh and I would like a very good top spin rubber on my fh for more spin and a bit less speed (not yet sure which one, maybe you have some tips for that too?) and should they be inverted? I've been looking around quite a bit, but I can't decide what's the best to choose. Thank you in advance!

Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario Answered 5 years ago

Hi Maurice,

I think you should get an all round blade.  I don't have a specific recommendation but find something that the manufacturer rates as all round.

The Grass D-TEchs is a good choice for the backhand.  Use an inverted rubber on the forehand. I think the chinese rubbers are quite good for this.  You could get a 2mm or 1.8mm thickness which will give you better control for chopping but still allow you to attack.

Notify me of updates
Add to Favourites
Back to Questions

Thoughts on this question

Maurice Mijnders

Maurice Mijnders Posted 5 years ago

I've got something nice together. I'm not going with the dtecs yet because they are quite hard. I'm starting with the galaxy neptune.

Become a free member to post a comment about this question.