What type of spin did my opponent use

Table Tennis Equipment

Last updated 8 years ago

Archel Taneka Sutanto

Archel Taneka Sutanto Asked 8 years ago

Hi Alois and Jeff,

Yesterday on my competition, I faced an opponent that used the rubber like this

When he returned my strokes, I couldn't made the ball up through the net, I expected that it was a backspin. So on the second set, I tried to lift the ball up, but the ball was flew out of the table. What type of spin and rubber did he used?

Thank you very much
With kind regards,

Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario Answered 8 years ago

Hi Archel,

It looks like Long Pimples.  If it is then the rubber would have been reversing the spin.  So when you topspin it would come back with backspin and vice versa.

Notify me of updates
Add to Favourites
Back to Questions

No comments yet!

Become a free member to post a comment about this question.