Last updated 3 weeks ago
Since I like TT very much, many collegues, friends ask this question to me very often.
In your opinion, why is China dominating in TT? These are probable reasons that I heard from internet, club-mates, etc:
1) Chinese work harder than others
But I think non-chinese players also work very hard
2) In China TT is more popular sport.
3) I saw some youtube comments that says Chineese players use doping/PED.
But I think this is not true. Even if it is true, I think PEDs don't affect. TT is not boxing.
4) There are secret training methods in China.
5) China has the best coaches. They study and detect weaknesses of non-chinese players very well. For example, initially Lin-Yun-Ju won Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Lin Gaoyuan in a row. After some time Lin Yun Ju lost to all of them.
But there are many super coaches in the world.
6) In China, the competition is very hard. There are many people in the internet that say Chinese league is harder than most world tournaments.
What do you think?
I think the Chinese players are definitely the best in the world. I think it is largely due to the numbers they have and therefore the increased competition for positions. This forces higher standards and abilities.
This may also go for the coaching methods but I can't be sure about that.
Here are a couple of Blogs that may be of interest.
And one with a bit of fun... Secret Tactics for Aussies to Beat China
Become a free member to post a comment about this question.