Why won't my rubber glue properly

Table Tennis Equipment

Last updated 8 years ago

ker Gordon

ker Gordon Asked 8 years ago

Hi Pingskills 

I have a problem with either my blade or rubber, most likely blade.I bought Xiom Vega Pro and I glued it about 30 minutes before I went to practice and it seemed to come off easily from the edges.I have done loads of bats before with ease, Anyway as you could imagine every ball I hit went  directly  down into the net especially on the Red side.

Any suggestions, The blade is only a year old?

Thanks in advance.

Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario Answered 8 years ago

Hi Cameron,

You may need to apply another layer of glue on to the rubber.  Sometimes with rubbers they soak up the first layer.

Take the whole rubber off and apply another layer of glue.  You will also need to reglue the blade.  Then put the whole bat under some books to apply pressure and hold it down for about 20 minutes just to make sure.

Did you allow the glue to dry before attaching?  If the glue was still wet the ball may drop off till the glue dries properly.

Notify me of updates
Add to Favourites
Back to Questions

Thoughts on this question

Ji-Soo Woo

Ji-Soo Woo Posted 8 years ago

Did you recently change the glue you use?  I find different glues can behave differently.  For instance, when I used some cheap chinese glue, I could pretty much stick the rubbers on straight away.  Later, I got donic glue and I found if I did this it wouldn't stick.  Later I figured I had to wait till the glue became translucent - or just used a blow dryer to melt it - before sticking the rubber on.

ker Gordon

ker Gordon Posted 8 years ago

Yeah your right, I only left it to dry 5 minutes as I was eager to try it at training.And I used Butterfly free chack glue.

Thanks All, I'll try your suggestions.

Ji-Soo Woo

Ji-Soo Woo Posted 8 years ago

Did you try leaving it longer to dry?  How did it go?

Just curious because a friend of mine recently changed his glue to butterfly free chack glue as well and he had the most frustrating time.  He said it just wasn't sticking and was moving all over the place.  He ruined a few rubbers in his frustration.  Now he is back to his original glue (by nittaku I think).

ujjval verma

ujjval verma Posted 8 years ago

Faced the same problem earlier.

Try this : Please wait for 5-10 minutes for glue to settle on bat and sponge and then paste it slowly. It worked in my case.


Good luck !


Become a free member to post a comment about this question.